About     Fashion      Beauty       Lifestyle
6 Jun 2013

May Beauty Favourites



This is the first favourites post I have done on this blog but I thought I have been loving a few things this month and thought it was a nice way to show things I may not have blogged about individually.


Garnier 2 in 1 make-up remover
This is a two part make-up remover with an oil and a cleansing water - I have always found it really hard to remove eye make-up successfully (especially mascara) but this does a great job and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. It isn't greasy but does leave a slight film so may not be great for oily skinned types. I have been using this in the evening before cleansing and it has just made everything a bit easier.
You can buy this here.

MUA "Undress Me Too" Eyeshadow Palette
I hesitated over buying this palette for ages (I already have 2 neutral palettes from MUA) however I'm really glad I did! I find myself using this almost everyday, the colours are very wearable and all go really well together. Their palettes are such good value and really nice quality! I will be putting up an individual review on this soon.
You can buy this on the MUA website.

Nivea Express Hydration Primer
This primer is great for those that suffer from dry or dehydrated skin. I have problems with my skin becoming a bit flaky by the afternoon (and therefore foundation looking a bit patchy) and this really helps with this problem. It also helps my make-up to go on smoothly and basically just helps with the whole foundation application process . As well as all that I picked this up for only £3.99!
You can buy this from superdrug.

Bourjois Bronzing Primer
This bronzing product is a mouse-like texture that helps even out my skin tone and give a nice bit of colour. It looks a bit scary in the pot but you only need a little bit and it blends out really nicely. It helps take away redness in my face and I can just use this and a bit of concealer if I'm having a good skin day. I also find that on my pale skin I can use this as a cream bronzer.
You can buy this from Boots (and at the moment it's £3 off!)

Benefit They're Real Mascara
I got a generous sample of this mascara free with a magazine and have been loving it. It doesn't clump and makes my lashes look nice and fluttery. Not sure if I would buy the full size as I don't know if I was impressed enough to justify the price tag, but I have been enjoying using it this month.
You can buy the full size version here.

Mac Crosswires lipstick
This is a pinky-orange shade that gives a bright lip that isn't too bright in a moisturising formula that isn't too glossy. It's my go-to shade when I'm not sure which colour lipstick to chose.
You can buy this from Debenhams

Boots Botanics Hydrating Day Cream
This day cream is probably a little bit lighter than what I would normally go for however I still find it to be really moisturising and it makes a great base for makeup. I think I paid around £3.99 for this (the Botanics range always seems to have money off!) and I would recommend it if you have dehydrated or dry skin.
You can buy this online from boots.

Essie Feed Me Hydrating base coat
My nails are in pretty bad condition, I'm a habitual nail biter (although trying to stop this) and they are just generally very weak and flaky. I have tried so many things to help with this, and maybe it's because I'm not consistent enough or my nails are just genetically this way but nothing seems to improve this significantly. Either way, this base coat isn't a miracle worker, but if I wear this on it's on it makes my nails look a lot healthier and stops them flaking as much. I'm not sure if there are any long term benefits but I like it so far.
You can buy this from boots.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments :

  1. The Garnier make up remover is my favourite! So cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't got round to buying the Undress Me Too palette even though I really want it haha!
    Just to let you know I nominated you for The Liebster Award :)
    http://lacelipstickandme.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-liebster-blog-award.html
    x

    ReplyDelete